Clasping Leaf Pondweed
Clasping-leaf pondweed leaves are wide and wavy. They have a broad base that wraps around the stem. The upper part of the stem is branched and leafy with leaves alternately arranged on the stem.
Pond Dye can be used to limit sunlight into the pond. With reduced sunlight, photosynthesis cannot occur so growth will be stunted.
There are several options to control Clasping Leaf Pondweed:
- Use a season long herbicide such as Sonar™ A.S.. One treatment treats Clasping Leaf Pondweed and many other common pond weeds for the season.
- Use a broad spectrum contact herbicide, such as Ultra PondWeed Defense®, will quickly kill Clasping Leaf Pondweed. Because it does not stay in the water body, multiple treatments may be needed throughout the season.
Chemical Application Best Practices
Anytime you use chemicals treat weeds and algae, please keep in mind the following:
- Treat your pond in sections. Treat only half the pond's surface at a time, if the weather is hot, only treat 1/4-1/3 of your pond. Wait 10-14 days between treatments.
- Once the weeds have browned, use a rake to remove as much dead material as possible. This prevents an accumulation of dead plant material and muck.
- Treat your pond with the proactive approach to pond management. Use PondClear™, MuckAway™ and Pond Dye to keep your pond looking great.
Pond Logic® Ultra PondWeed Defense® Aquatic HerbicideBroad Spectrum Pondweed Control Fast Acting Liquid Formula Short Term Control Of Duckweed Pond Logic ® Ultra Pondweed Defense ® works on pond weeds including submerged, floating and emergent weeds. It may be used for short term control of...Read More »$49.99–$149.99