Water Lettuce is a non-native, perennial plant. It is free floating with green, velvety leaves. The leaves range in size from 1" - 6".
There are several options to control Water Lettuce.
- Use a systemic herbicide, such as Shoreline Defense®, will work to kill the root of the plant.
- Use a broad spectrum contact herbicide, such as Ultra PondWeed Defense®, will quickly kill duckweed. Because it does not stay in the water body, multiple treatments may be needed throughout the season.
- Use Clipper™, a fast and selective herbicide that controls tough invasive and nuisance aquatic plants.
Chemical Application Best Practices
Anytime you use chemicals treat weeds and algae, please keep in mind the following:
- Treat your pond in sections. Treat only half the pond's surface at a time, if the weather is hot, only treat 1/4-1/3 of your pond. Wait 10-14 days between treatments.
- Once the weeds have browned, use a rake to remove as much dead material as possible. This prevents an accumulation of dead plant material and muck.
- Treat your pond with the proactive approach to pond management. Use PondClear™, MuckAway™ and Pond Dye to keep your pond looking great.
Valent® Clipper™ Aquatic HerbicideAs low as: $229.99
Pond Logic® Shoreline Defense® Aquatic HerbicideAs low as: $39.99
Pond Logic® Ultra PondWeed Defense® Aquatic HerbicideAs low as: $49.99