Our Privacy and Security Guarantee
- Our Commitment To Privacy
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
- How To Contact Us
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on The Pond Guy® website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit/Debit Card Information
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient's address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
- Phone Number
The Pond Guy® respects the privacy needs and concerns of our customers. It is our goal to provide you with an enjoyable and satisfying shopping experience, and to meet and exceed your expectations. To accomplish this goal we use the information our customers provide in the following ways:
- When you visit our web site, we automatically recognize your Internet service provider, the Web page from which you came, and a record of your activity on our site. The customer information that The Pond Guy® collects through its web site is used to process orders and to improve your shopping experience.
- We use the information you share with us to improve your shopping experience by allowing us to make our Web site easier and more enjoyable to use. The information you volunteer enables us to process your purchases, confirm your orders, customize the content and layout of our pages, notify you about updates to our site, and provide you with additional information about our products.
- The information you supply to us is added to our customer database. We may also send you catalogs or emails to inform you of new products, services and special offers, special promotions or upcoming events for The Pond Guy®.
- We may also share names, addresses and/or email addresses of our registered Web site guests with other contractors that The Pond Guy® may hire to assist us in making improvements to the site. The Pond Guy® requires that such companies keep all such information confidential and use it solely for the purpose of making improvements to the site.
- We do occasionally share name and address information with other reputable organizations, such as catalog companies that offer similar products. We will not share any personal financial information. Nor will we share your email address.
- If you supply us with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending an email to us or calling us or writing to us. Also you may receive mailings from other reputable companies. You can, however, have your name put on our do-not-share list by sending an email to us or calling us or writing to us. Please provide us with your exact name and address. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we share with other organizations.
- We contract with a third-party service provider to place our advertising messages on other websites. This provider may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process.
- The Pond Guy® makes use of Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. The Pond Guy® may also make use of other Google Analytics for Display Advertising features, including Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and/or the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. We are required by Google to disclose the following information to you in our Privacy Statement in connection with our use of any Google Analytics for Display Advertising features on the The Pond Guy® Site:
- You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ads Settings page. You may also prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- If The Pond Guy® site makes use of the Google Analytics for Display Advertising Remarketing feature, The Pond Guy® will use such Remarketing feature to advertise online and third party vendors, including Google, may show The Pond Guy® ads on sites across the Internet.
- The Pond Guy® and third party vendors, including Google, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to (a) inform, optimize and serve ads based on a user’s past visits to The Pond Guy® Site, and/or (b) report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to The Pond Guy® Site.
- Data from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting may be utilized by The Pond Guy® to help recognize and understand user preferences, to make improvements to The Pond Guy® Site, to choose content and advertising to display to you, and for other business purposes that will allow The Pond Guy® to better serve you.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use the latest technology in online security such as site identification and data encryption. With site identification your browser automatically ensures that you are connected only to our Web site. If a problem arises your browser will alert you to the potential loss of security.
The strict data encryption that we use hides sensitive information like your name, address, and credit card information. Our ordering process is protected by the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your information and confirms the identity of The Pond Guy® server before allowing your shopping cart to be checked out. Modern browsers support the SSL protocol. We recommend that you use the latest browsers to ensure that you are protected by advances in security technology.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain this information by contacting us. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense. Any connection or usage of the site done outside of the parameters of normal use is strictly prohibited-including but not limited to: data scraping, website monitoring, load testing-without the expressed written consent of The Pond Guy®.