- Quickly Measure Phosphate Levels
- Easy-to-Read Color Charts
- Help Maintain a Clear Pond
Phosphate can occur in pond water as a by-product of aquatic life, as an additive to tap water by water treatment plants, excess fish food in the pond or just the result of nature. The Phosphate Test Kit measures phosphate levels from 0 - 10ppm and contains enough solution for 150 tests. Excessive phosphate is known to promote unsightly algae growth. This kit includes test solutions, glass test tube with cap, color chart instructions.
From dosage rates to product labels, the USAGE tab contains all of the information you need to properly apply your pond care products.
How To Use
- Step 1: Rinse a clean test tube with water being tested.
- Step 2: Fill the test tube with 5mL of water to be tested (to the line on the tube)
- Step 3: Holding the bottle vertically, add 6 drops from Phosphate Test Solution Bottle #1. Cap the test tube and shake vigorously for 5 seconds.
- Step 4: Remove the cap. Holding the bottle vertically, add 6 drops from Phosphate Test Solution Bottle #2. Note: Bottle #2 is a thick solution that may require increased pressure.
- Step 5: Cap and shake the test tub vigorously for 5 seconds.
- Step 6: Wait 3 minutes for color to develop.
- Step 7: Read the test results by comparing the color of the solution to the appropriate Phosphate Color Card.
Test Results - Ideally, phosphate levels should be 0.
Reduce Phosphate Levels - To quickly reduce phosphate levels, perform a partial water change. If phosphate continues to be a problem, use a product like Laguna Phos-X.