- Fast-Acting Granular Formula
- Great For Bottom Growing Algae & Chara
- No Water Use Restrictions
Cutrine®-Plus Granular Algaecide has the same active ingredient as the liquid version, is fast-acting, plus works great on bottom forming algae, like Chara. For best results, apply this granular algaecide early in the morning before heavy mats form, on a sunny, calm day. Contact time should be a minimum of 3 hours. Unless steps are taken to reduce the overall nutrients in your pond, multiple applications may be needed for seasonal control.
|Square Footage Per Container
||Up to 8,800 Square Feet
||Up to 22,200 Square Feet
|1,000 Square Feet
|2,000 Square Feet
|4,000 Square Feet
|8,000 Square Feet
Please note: Above are recommendations. Always read the product label.
How To Apply
Broadcast the Cutrine®-Plus onto the area to be treated using a granular spreader. For best results, apply early in the morning before heavy mats form. Cutrine®-Plus works best on a sunny, calm day.
When To Apply
Cutrine®-Plus should be applied when algae is actively growing. Begin applications when algae first appears. Unless steps are taken to reduce the overall nutrients in the pond, multiple applications may be needed for full season algae control.
- Do not use in ponds with trout, unless carbonate hardness is above 50ppm.
- Do not use in ponds with koi, grass carp or goldfish.
- Not for use in water garden or koi ponds. Please click here for water garden and koi pond algae control options.
Chemical Application Best Practices
Anytime you use chemicals to treat algae or weeds, please keep in mind the following:
- Treat your pond in sections. Treat only half the pond's surface at a time. During hot weather or when treating heavy growth, it is important to treat no more than ¼ of your pond at a time and wait the full 14 days before re-applying. This helps lower the risk of fish loss during hot weather or when treating heavy growth.
- Once the algae or weeds have browned & died, use a rake to remove as much dead material as possible. This prevents an accumulation of dead plant material and muck.
- Take a proactive approach to pond management. Use PondClear™, MuckAway™ and Pond Dye to keep your pond looking great. For more information, see our article on the Airmax® Ecosystem™
Here are the replacement parts for Applied Biochemists Cutrine ® -Plus Granular Algae Control.
The first step towards effectively treating any pond weed is proper identification. Applied Biochemists Cutrine®-Plus Granular Algae Control is recommended for use against each of the weeds listed below. Click on your desired weed for more information and alternate control options.