How to Send Us a Weed ID Photo
Did you know our Pond Techs at The Pond Guy® can help you identify pond weeds? If you are unable to identify your pond weed(s) using our Weed ID Guide, please send the pictures with the following information to WeedID@ThePondGuy.com. If you have multiple weeds, please send in pictures of each.
What to Send
Answering these questions will help us get you the right information in the quickest manner possible.
- Your name and phone number.
- Picture of the weed in your pond, in its natural state.
- Picture of the weed spread out on a white surface, next to a coin. When taking the picture focus on the coin, this actually makes the detail of the pond weed better for us. If you don't have a white surface, spread the weed out on your hand for a close up ensuring the weed is in focus.
- The following information will help us make recommendations on which products to use:
- What state is the pond located in?
- Do you use the pond for irrigation? If so, what type?
- Do you have livestock that use the pond as their main source of water?
- What type of fish do you have in your pond?
- How big is your pond and what is the average depth? Or what is the size (Length & Width) of the area you plan to treat?
- Does the pond have continuous water exchange, i.e. creek?