Did you know our Pond Techs at The Pond Guy can help you identify pond weeds? If you are unable to identify your pond weed(s) using our Weed ID Guide, please upload and send your pictures using the Aquatic Weed Identification Request along with the following information. If you have multiple weeds, please send in pictures of each.
What to Send
Answering these questions will help us get you the right information in the quickest manner possible.
- Your name and phone number.
- Picture of the weed in your pond, in its natural state.
- Picture of the weed spread out on a white surface, next to a coin. When taking the picture focus on the coin, this actually makes the detail of the pond weed better for us. If you don't have a white surface, spread the weed out on your hand for a close up ensuring the weed is in focus.
- The following information will help us make recommendations on which products to use:
- What state is the pond located in?
- Do you use the pond for irrigation? If so, what type?
- Do you have livestock that use the pond as their main source of water?
- What type of fish do you have in your pond?
- How big is your pond and what is the average depth? Or what is the size (Length & Width) of the area you plan to treat?
- Does the pond have continuous water exchange, i.e. creek?