- Tests For Nitrate, Nitrite, pH & Hardness
- Accurate Results In 1 Minute
- Teaches How To Correct Issues
API® 5-In-1 Pond Test Strips use highly accurate color charts for precise test results of nitrate, nitrite, pH, total alkalinity and total hardness levels in your pond. Chart colors are distinctive, making the pond test strip results easy to read. And the snap-tight tube with stay dry liner offers superior moisture protection to ensure testing accuracy. With API® Test Strips you just dip and read. Pond water testing couldn't be any easier.
API® 5-In-1 Pond Test Strips provides you with powerful information on how to correct unsafe water conditions. Regularly testing your pond water for imbalances can help identify problems before they have a chance to harm your fish and plants.
When To Use
For fish to thrive, water conditions in the pond need to be the same or very similar to those found in nature. This kit measures 5 of the most important pond water condition: pH, Nitrite, Nitrate, Carbonate and General Hardness. Improper levels can cause fish stress, which can lead to illness and death. Regular testing is an essential part of routine pond maintenance. Levels should be tested weekly to make sure they do not reach undesirable levels.
How To Use
1. Dip strip directly into pond.
2. Swirl 2 times.
3. Remove horizontally with pads face up. Note: the strip must be parallel to the water when removed.
4. DO NOT SHAKE OFF EXCESS WATER.
5. Compare to the color chart on the tube.
6. Immediately read General Hardness (GH), to the top pad, Carbonate Hardness (KH) and pH.
7. Wait 30 seconds, then read Nitrite (NO2) and Nitrate (NO3).
Keep wet fingers out of tube. Close tube tightly after removing strip and store in a cool, dry place. For best results, read in a well-lit area.
Here are the replacement parts for API® 5-In-1 Pond Test Strips.
The first step towards effectively treating any pond weed is proper identification. API® 5-In-1 Pond Test Strips is recommended for use against each of the weeds listed below. Click on your desired weed for more information and alternate control options.