- Quickly Eliminate Algae & Chara
- Fast Acting Liquid Formula
- Spray Directly Onto Algae Blooms
Eliminate algae blooms and green water from your pond with Pond Logic® Algae Defense®. A fast-acting, liquid, pond algaecide formula, Algae Defense® can be directly applied via a pressurized sprayer to combat floating filamentous algae, chara or the planktonic algae that causes green water. Each gallon of Algae Defense® pond algaecide treats up to 8,000 square feet and can be used when water temperatures are at or above 60°F.
||Use When Above 60°F
|Square Footage Per Gallon
||Up to 8,000 Square Feet
Treatment Booster™ Plus
|1,000 Square Feet
||1/2 Quart (16 Ounces)
|2,000 Square Feet
||1 Quart (32 Ounces)
|4,000 Square Feet
||2 Quarts (64 Ounces)
|8,000 Square Feet
||4 Quarts (1 Gallon)
Please note: Above are recommendations. Always read the product label.
How To Apply Algae Defense®
Mix the amount of Algae Defense® and Treatment Booster™ Plus (if using) with pond water in a tank sprayer according to label instructions. Use a pressurized pond sprayer to spray the Algae Defense® mixture directly onto to the target algae.
When To Apply Algae Defense®
Algae Defense® should be applied when algae is actively growing. Begin applications when algae first appears. Unless steps are taken to reduce the overall nutrients in the pond, multiple applications may be needed for full season algae control. Use with Treatment Booster™ Plus for best results.
- Do not use in ponds with trout, unless carbonate hardness is above 50ppm.
- Do not use in ponds with koi, grass carp or goldfish.
- Not for use in water garden or koi ponds. Please click here for water garden and koi pond algae control options.
Chemical Application Best Practices
Anytime you use chemicals to treat algae or weeds, please keep in mind the following:
- Treat your pond in sections. Treat only half the pond's surface at a time. During hot weather or when treating heavy growth, it is important to treat no more than ¼ of your pond at a time and wait the full 14 days before re-applying. This helps lower the risk of fish loss during hot weather or when treating heavy growth.
- Once the algae or weeds have browned & died, use a rake to remove as much dead material as possible. This prevents an accumulation of dead plant material and muck.
- Take a proactive approach to pond management. Use PondClear™, MuckAway™ and Pond Dye to keep your pond looking great. For more information, see our article on the Airmax® Ecosystem™
Here are the replacement parts for Pond Logic ® Algae Defense ® .
The first step towards effectively treating any pond weed is proper identification. Pond Logic® Algae Defense® is recommended for use against each of the weeds listed below. Click on your desired weed for more information and alternate control options.