After all the planning to create a relaxing waterfall or the water garden of your dreams, the last thing you want to do is stare at your filter or UV clarifier. Faux rocks will cover your pond equipment and give your feature a finished look. Besides camouflage, these rocks offer protection to keep your gear safe. Some fake rocks also have holes predrilled to allow for proper ventilation of your aeration kit. Artificial rocks are not just for ponds either. Use them to cover anything around your yard, such as exposed pipes, septic access points, or electrical outlets.
Selecting a Rock
Faux rocks are designed to be irregular in shape to give them a more realistic look. Because of this, these rocks generally taper as real rock would. To account for this many manufacturers have listed the average interior dimensions at multiple heights to help guide you in finding the perfect rock. Since each rock is unique, we recommend going up a size if the measurement is close to what you are looking to cover.
- CrystalClear TrueRock Boulder Covers: Available in Mini, Small, Medium, and Large, no one will even know that these are not real. The durable fiberglass base is hand painted to a Greystone or Sandstone color, meaning no two rocks are exactly the same. Boulders range in height from 5" to 20" with a foot print of 10" x 8" to 33" x 24". The Mini and Small are vented and the perfect option for covering your aeration kit or electrical outlets. Use the Medium or Large to hide your UV clarifier, filter, septic vents, or other bulky eyesores.
- CrystalClear TrueRock Skimmer Covers: These are a shorter, flatter version of the Boulder Covers that provide excellent concealment of skimmers, waterfall filters, irrigation boxes, and other unsightly low profile items. Skimmer covers are also available in Mini, Small, Medium, and Large, and two color options. They range between 22" x 19" x 3" and 42" x 36" x 5".
- Atlantic Rock Lids: Camouflage your gadgets with rocks colored to match the bona fide rocks in your region. Atlantic Rock Lids are available in Small and Medium. These sizes fall between the size and height of the TrueRock Boulder and Skimmer Covers. To help make sizing easy, the product page will suggest which Atlantic products will fit under these fiberglass rocks.
- DekoRRa Faux Rocks: With eight sizes to choose from, you are sure to find the rock for almost any application. Rectangular items, such as well or septic assemblies, are no match for the Long Rock. Even huge pieces like pool filters or pressure tank assemblies can get hidden with the Super Rock. The flange design allows you to anchor the rock in place. Once you add mulch or landscaping stone, these soft gray colored rocks will blend into your backyard design.
- Economy Faux Rock: A cost-effective option for covering your equipment or plumbing fixtures. The recessed base allows for airflow and gives a place for cords and airlines on this 16.5" x 14" x 10.5" rock. Use the rock right out of the box, or you can paint the black plastic finish to match your landscape.